Raise your hand if you too go crazy for bananas ! Here are some fun recipes that will help you use your bananas if they have turned brown too quick !
I will un-friend anyone saying ” bananas are too high in calories I don’t eat them “.
I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life. Bananas are amazing. That’s it. Some geeky knowledge here:
- They contain high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter. So if you are going to be negative about bananas, you are wrong.
- Eat two bananas to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar before a work-out. Yeah, of course if you don’t work out, then maybe that’s the reason you count calories ? Bananas are the perfect snack for any active person. Just be active !
- Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and night time leg cramps by eating a banana.
- Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.
- Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
- Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.
- Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.
- High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
- Constipated? High fibre in bananas can help normalize bowel motility.
- Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.
- Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.
We could go one and one about bananas benefits. Now, if you, like my beloved one, buy 20 bananas on Mondays and see them go brown before you had time to say ” Bonjour” on Tuesday morning, then you need to find ways of using those wonderful babies.
Idea 1 – Banana Pancakes. 3 mashed bananas + 1 egg. Freeze them & toast them in the morning.
Idea 2- Frozen banana slices. To use in frozen fruits bowls or smoothies. Chop them up, place in a freezing bag, and freeze.
Idea 3 – Banana Treats – Recipe on separate blog post
Idea 4 Banana Chips: chop up the bananas, squeeze lemon juice over and sprinkle pink salt, bake in oven for 2 hours but turn them all up after 1 hour. Keep in a sealed container, although you will probably eat them all as snacks like I do ! Perfect in Granolas, coconut yogurt or fruit bowls.