Eating raw is a major part of my summer lifestyle as I mainly eat salads and snack on fruits and vegetables sticks. Here are some benefits of eating raw foods:
- lowering inflammation
- improving digestion
- providing more dietary fiber
- improving heart health
- helping with optimal liver function
- preventing cancer
- preventing or treating constipation
- giving you more energy
- clearing up your skin
- preventing nutrient deficiencies
- lowering the amount of antinutrients and carcinogens in your diet
- helping maintain a healthy body weight
Today, I have treated myself to a new gadget: a spiralizer. Yes, those have been around for a long time now but I simply couldn’t justify the £15 extravaganza until now.
(Well let me tell you, I have worked hard the last few months and totally deserve a treat!!)
I have always wanted to make zucchini spaghettis, the reason being I love spaghetti and I wanted a lighter version. (I love bean pastas but this is even tastier).
I now can make big salad bowls and marry it with highly flavoured dressing: mustard, pesto, avocado sauce etc and since June is the best seasons to enjoy courgettes too, I am going to go crazy for zoodles !!